To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The primary function of Advanced Nurse Practitioner (APRN/NP) working for Northeast Medical Group, Yale New Haven Geriatric Services is to provide comprehensive care to geriatric patients in the emergency department in collaboration with attending physicians. Each APRN works with the appropriate M.D. to provide outstanding and coordinated medical care. The APRN also participates in education of students and Geriatric Fellows. Exemplifies behaviors reflecting Service Excellence and support of the Strategic Dimensions by modeling the Core Success Factors as described in the Performance Review.
1. Clinical Practice: Coordinates patient care plan with attending M.D. and nursing staff. Communicates with other
providers as needed.
2. Education: Identifies and provides information needs of team members, patients and families.
3. Quality Improvement/Customer Satisfaction: Participates in team based quality improvement and patient/customer satisfaction initiatives. Responds to patient complaints and reports patient satisfaction concerns to Coordinator, Associate Director, or Medical Director so that appropriate action may be taken before patient discharge.
4. Patient Safety: Practices medicine in a manner to maximize patient safety. Immediately reports any concerns about patient safety to Medical Director, Associate Director or Coordinator.
5. Operations: Follows all NEMG YNH Geriatric Services policies and procedures.
Graduation from an accredited APRN program required. Licensed APRN by the State of CT. Holds a valid Connecticut medical License. Connecticut Controlled Substance Registration and Federal Drub Enforcement Agenecy (DEA) Certification.
One (1) to two (2) years caring for geriatric patients preferred. Emergency Room experience preferred.
Excellent clinical, interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
MMR is required. Varivax (chicken pox vaccine) or evidence of prior chicken pox is required. Hepatitis B (or signed declination) is required for those with potential exposure to blood/body fluids. Tdap and influenza vaccination are strongly encouraged.