MSN required. Graduate of Nurse Practitioner Program.
Minimum of one (1) year experience as a Nurse Practitioner preferred.
Eligible for Yale-New Haven Hospital Medical Staff and Northeast Medical Group privileges.
Current Connecticut APRN license (or eligible).
1. Uses effective listening, nonverbal, explanatory, interviewing and writing skills to elicit and provide information.
2. Well developed diagnostic and prescriptive ability.
3. Knowledge of state, federal, hospital and universityy regulations related to administering medications and maintaining appropriate medical records.
4. Collaborates wiht the multidisciplinary team, patient, family and caregivers to formulate comprehensive plan of care for mental health patients, including appropriate education about recovery and rehabilitation.
5. Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with all members of the interdisciplinary team.
6. Experience with electronic health record preferred. Computer skills required.
Exposure to biohazards, blood and body fluids. Prolonged standing , walking and lifting required.